Catégorie: Call for Papers
Sujet: Call for Papers: LPP2016 - Multidisciplinary Approaches in Language Policy and Planning Conference 2016
*** Call for Papers***
LPP2016 - Multidisciplinary Approaches in Language Policy and Planning Conference 2016
September 1-3, 2016
University of Calgary
Conference Website: www.werklund.ucalgary.ca/lpp
The online submission system is now open! The deadline for submissions is February 29, 2016.
- Ericka Albaugh (Bowdoin College)
- Leanne Hinton (The University of California at Berkeley)
- David Cassels Johnson (The University of Iowa)
This international conference will be held at the University of Calgary in Alberta, Canada. We invite papers and colloquia that approach language policy from a variety of theoretical and methodological perspectives, and in a variety of contexts, from the local/institutional to national/global. We invite abstracts (300 words maximum) for submissions in any of the following areas:
- Language policy and political theory
- Official language policies
- Language policy and lingua franca
- Heritage language policies
- Language policy and globalization
- Ideologies and language policies
- Language policies in school settings
- National identities and language policies
- Language policy and the economics of the workplace
- Non-official languages in mainstream classrooms
- Language policies and social mobility
- Language attrition, language revitalization and language policies
- Language policies and transnational communities
Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously by at least two experts in the field. Final decisions will be sent to authors by April 15, 2016.
Each paper presentation should be 30 minutes, including discussion time. Colloquia can be for 100 minutes (3 papers) and 180 minutes (up to 6 papers). Papers should be presented in English. You can submit a maximum of two contributions, one as first/sole author and one as second author or discussant.
We look forward to seeing you in Calgary in September 2016.