Subject: E-conference: New Addictions - From Boosters to Social Networks
THE UNIVERSITY OF SILESIA IN KATOWICE AND THE ACADEMIC COMPANY WISEPLACE HAVE THE PLEASURE OF INVITING YOU FOR THE INTERNATIONAL E – CONFERENCE
"NEW ADDICTIONS – FROM BOOSTERS TO SOCIAL NETWORKS",
which will be held on 23 - 27 November 2015
Not so long ago, the term ‘addiction’ was mostly associated with suffering from alcoholism or drug addiction. Today, the problem of addiction began to spread far wide; not only its nature, but also its scale and scope are changing. An epidemiologist Vladimir Janiszewski showed the existence of more than 50 new types of addictions making an attempt to classify and organize this problem. At the root of the modern addictions can be found technological and biological development, consumer lifestyle and the specificity of today’s civilization that offers not only the access to new media (Internet), but also forces a redefinition of the quality and quantity of social contacts and family relationships. The implication of the above is the appearance of a wide range of addictions known as behavioral addictions, in the case of which the same processes of defense that take place in substance-related addictions can be observed. The mechanisms of delusions keep a person believing in its own capacity to deal with the growing problem, meanwhile caused in this way a spiral of actions increases the need for a constant stimulation of the reward system. The purpose of the conference is to analyse in a holistic attitude the ways the addictions emerge, spread and are prevented and to discuss on the problems of diagnosis and treatment of addicts and co-addicts. The organizers encourage those who deal with different aspects of new and old addictions in their scientific work, but also practitioners - psychologists, physicians and social workers to participate in the conference.
The conference tackles the following themes:
• Substance abuse and addictions in the light of recent research
• New and old forms of addictions - similarities and differences
• Biological aspects of addictions
• New addictions in the psychological perspective, behavioral addictions
• Addictions as a social and cultural issues
• Social policy and addictions
• Practical dimension of dealing with substance abuse and addictions - case studies
• Addictions in the international perspective - legal and institutional solutions
- Registration is done by filling the application form available on the website of the organiser www.wiseplace.pl until October 25, 2015.
- The conference fee should be paid after receiving the information that an abstract was accepted. It should be paid by bank transfer to the following account:
Code BIC/SWIFT mBank:
Bank account number:
in ZLOTY: 18 1140 2004 0000 3002 7570 6825
in EUR: 14 1140 2004 0000 3712 0376 3075
in GBP: 19 1140 2004 0000 3512 0376 3083
in USD: 09 1140 2004 0000 3912 0376 3067
in CHF: 07 1140 2004 0000 3012 0376 3059
Name and address of the bank:
mBank S.A. FORMERLY BRE BANK S.A. (RETAIL BANKING) LODZ, Skrytka pocztowa 2108, 90-959 Łódź 2
until November 13, 2015. Please indicate the title of the conference you want to participate in and your name, for example: Ins and outs of elections campaigns – John Smith. The conference fees are as follows:
- 20 EUR – passive participation
- 50 EUR – active participation – presentation and article in Polish
- 100 EUR – active participation – presentation and article in English
- Active participation in the conference requires a speaker to send his / her presentation to the email address email@example.com until November 13, 2015. Each speaker has to choose one of the forms of presentation:
- Traditional presentation prepared in Microsoft Power Point
- Audio presentation (only the voice of a speaker)
- Audio-visual presentation
Audio and audio-video presentations should be saved in one of the following formats: MP4 Video (* .mp4), OGG Video (*.ogg), WebM Video (* .webm), Windows Media Video (* .wmv), MPEG Video (* .mpg), MP3 Sound (* .mp3), Windows Wave Sound (* .wav), Windows Media Audio (* .wma). Instructions on how to easily prepare the audio and audio-video presentation can be found on the website www.wiseplace.pl. In the case of traditional presentation, please notice that it should depict the chosen topic in a comprehensive manner through a greater than usual amount of content. Our conferences are asynchronous which means that a participant has an access to published materials at any convenient for him / her time. This type of approach allows the participant to have the opportunity to become familiar with all presentations, not only with those which are presented in his or her panel as it takes place during traditional conferences.
- After making the payment and submitting the presentation, each speaker will receive on the day of the conference a login and password thanks to which he or she will have access to all presentations as well as materials related to the subjects discussed. Each speaker will also have the opportunity to ask questions and participate in asynchronous debate. Finally each person will receive a participation certificate confirming his or her involvement in the event.
- All articles which will receive a positive opinion and recommendation of a reviewer will be published in the form of an electronic book. Number of points for the article in Polish is
4 points, in English 5 points. The deadline for submission of articles - January 31, 2016.