Subject: E-conference: Ins and Outs of Election Campaigns and Electoral Nuances
THE UNIVERSITY OF SILESIA IN KATOWICE AND THE ACADEMIC COMPANY WISEPLACE HAVE THE PLEASURE OF INVITING YOU FOR THE INTERNATIONAL E – CONFERENCE
"INS AND OUTS OF ELECTION CAMPAIGNS AND ELECTORAL NUANCES"
which will be held on 16 - 20 November 2015
The development of mass media, increasing competition and a strong emphasis on choice in different aspects of our everyday life translates into the constant need to refer to new, previously unused methods, tools and ways to gain social and political attention. This means that election campaigns are beginning to be seen through the prism of economic marketing more and more often and have attributes and elements so far reserved for advertising campaigns. As a result their success depends mainly on a capacity to generate market-specific needs of which identification is only possible on the basis of previous well-prepared diagnosis. It is no wonder then that so much attention is paid today not on merit, rational arguments, but on attractive, appealing to emotions forms. This only intensifies the process of transformation and modernisation of tools and methods of gaining voters’ sympathy, acceptance as well as already mentioned support. The main aim of the conference ‘Ins and outs of election campaigns and electoral nuances’ is to analyse the development of marketing methods and widely understood political engineering in both practical and theoretical perspectives. The decision to focus on the issues related to the election campaigns and the emotions that accompany them stems from many factors, among which the crucial one is the fact that they constitute a specific type of space that generates and strengthens many different social divisions. As the election campaigns are an essential part of every election, among the issues that the organisers decided to raise those directly related to elections and their impact on broader social environment are present as well. The conference is addressed to representatives of social sciences and humanities, but also to practitioners who deal with campaigning in their daily work.
The conference tackles the following themes:
· Personalisation of election campaigns
· Mass media in election campaigns
· Functionality of electoral debates - theoretical and empirical issues
· Evolution of socio-political divisions in a comparative perspective
· From feminisation to genderisation of election campaigns
· Models of electoral behavior - political participation and its consequences
· Dark side of building a political brand
· Centralisation and decentralisation of electoral campaign
· Electoral programs of political parties - unfulfilled promises ?
· Elections stability of political and party systems
· Specificity of local elections
· Referendum campaigns as a special case of election campaigns
· Analysis of presidential, parliamentary and local elections in the XXI century
- Registration is done by filling the application form available on the website of the organiser www.wiseplace.pl until October 18, 2015.
- The conference fee should be paid after receiving the information that an abstract was accepted. It should be paid by bank transfer to the following account:
Code BIC/SWIFT mBank:
Bank account number:
in ZLOTY: 18 1140 2004 0000 3002 7570 6825
in EUR: 14 1140 2004 0000 3712 0376 3075
in GBP: 19 1140 2004 0000 3512 0376 3083
in USD: 09 1140 2004 0000 3912 0376 3067
in CHF: 07 1140 2004 0000 3012 0376 3059
Name and address of the bank:
mBank S.A. FORMERLY BRE BANK S.A. (RETAIL BANKING) LODZ, Skrytka pocztowa 2108, 90-959 Łódź 2
until November 6, 2015. Please indicate the title of the conference you want to participate in and your name, for example: Ins and outs of elections campaigns – John Smith. The conference fees are as follows:
- 20 EUR – passive participation
- 50 EUR – active participation – presentation and article in Polish
- 100 EUR – active participation – presentation and article in English
- Active participation in the conference requires a speaker to send his / her presentation to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org until November 6, 2015.
- Each speaker has to choose one of the forms of presentation:
- Traditional presentation prepared in Microsoft Power Point
- Audio presentation (only the voice of a speaker)
- Audio-visual presentation
Audio and audio-video presentations should be saved in one of the following formats: MP4 Video (* .mp4), OGG Video (*.ogg), WebM Video (* .webm), Windows Media Video (* .wmv), MPEG Video (* .mpg), MP3 Sound (* .mp3), Windows Wave Sound (* .wav), Windows Media Audio (* .wma). Instructions on how to easily prepare the audio and audio-video presentation can be found on the website www.wiseplace.pl. In the case of traditional presentation, please notice that it should depict the chosen topic in a comprehensive manner through a greater than usual amount of content. Our conferences are asynchronous which means that a participant has an access to published materials at any convenient for him / her time. This type of approach allows the participant to have the opportunity to become familiar with all presentations, not only with those which are presented in his or her panel as it takes place during traditional conferences.
- After making the payment and submitting the presentation, each speaker will receive on the day of the conference a login and password thanks to which he or she will have access to all presentations as well as materials related to the subjects discussed. Each speaker will also have the opportunity to ask questions and participate in asynchronous debate. Finally each person will receive a participation certificate confirming his or her involvement in the event.
- All articles which will receive a positive opinion and recommendation of a reviewer will be published in the form of an electronic book. Number of points for the article in Polish is 4 points, in English 5 points. The deadline for submission of articles - January 31, 2016.