Category: Call for Papers
Subject: Final Call for Papers: LPP2015 - Multidisciplinary Approaches in Language Policy and Planning Conference 2015
*** Final Call for Papers***
LPP2015 - Multidisciplinary Approaches in Language Policy and Planning Conference 2015
September 3-5, 2015
University of Calgary
Conference Website: www.werklund.ucalgary.ca/lpp
The deadline for submissions is February 28, 2015.
- Suresh Canagarajah (The Pennsylvania State University)
- Jim Tollefson (The University of Hong Kong)
- Lionel Wee (National University of Singapore)
This international conference will be held at the University of Calgary in Alberta, Canada. We invite papers and colloquia that approach language policy from a variety of theoretical and methodological perspectives, and in a variety of contexts, from the local/institutional to national/global. We invite abstracts (300 words maximum) for submissions in any of the following areas:
- Language policy and political theory
- Official language policies
- Language policy and lingua franca
- Heritage language policies
- Language policy and globalization
- Ideologies and language policies
- Language policies in school settings
- National identities and language policies
- Language policy and the economics of the workplace
- Non-official languages in mainstream classrooms
- Language policies and social mobility
- Language attrition, language revitalization and language policies
- Language policies and transnational communities
Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously by at least two experts in the field. Final decisions will be sent to authors by April 15, 2015.
Each paper presentation should be 30 minutes, including discussion time. Colloquia can be for 100 minutes (3 papers) and 180 minutes (up to 6 papers). Papers should be presented in English. You can submit a maximum of two contributions, one as first/sole author and one as second author or discussant.
We look forward to seeing you in Calgary in September 2015.