Category: Call for Papers
Subject: Call for Chapter Contribution for a forthcoming (2016) edited book called “Critical Immigration Context and Policy Issues in Canada” (Working Title)
Call for Chapter Contribution for a forthcoming (2016) edited book called “Critical Immigration Context and Policy Issues in Canada” (Working Title)
by editors Leslie J. Nichols and Mojgan Rahbari-Jawoko
The anthology is designed to present new empirical research that takes a critical look at Canadian immigration context and policy.
This book will offer a multi-disciplinary perspective and focus on the prominent themes in the context of immigration, settlement, integration, and related policy issues. A wide range of leading and emerging expert academic researchers will contribute individual chapters to this book. The group of scholars will consist of those who engage in critical analysis of the Canadian Immigration, settlement, and integration policies. The book will be separated into two parts; the first half of the book will critically analyze contemporary immigration policy issues including, but not limited to, the following:
• The point system,
• The business program,
• The refugee system,
• Temporary foreign workers,
• Same-sex family reunification,
• Skill trades program, etc.
The second half will delve into settlement and integration issues and policies including, but not limited to, the following:
• Employment related policies such as English language training,
• Retraining supports,
• Foreign credential accreditation, and
• Related socio-economic policies such as health care, family reunification, newcomer food and security, and housing, etc.
If you are interested, please contact
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
by February 13th, 2015
• The title of your chapter,
• A brief summary of the chapter (300 words)
• A bio (50 words)
• Tentative headings and subheadings