Category: Call for Papers
Subject: Call For Papers - It’s Not The Waking, It’s The Rising: Lakehead University’s Social Justice Summit 2019
It’s Not The Waking, It’s The Rising: Lakehead University’s Social Justice Summit 2019
Call For Papers
The inaugural Social Justice Summit will be held at Lakehead University in Thunder Bay, Ontario on May 25th and 26th 2019. Organized by the Social Justice Studies Program at Lakehead University, the conference is multidisciplinary and invites submissions from all graduate and undergraduate students whose research includes a social justice focus (broadly defined).
Registration for this conference is free, and travel bursaries may be available (announcement to be made in early April). The deadline to submit abstracts is 7 January 2019.
The types of presentations are as follows:
1. Oral Presentation (15 minutes)
2. Poster Presentation (to be displayed)
3. Art Installation (to be displayed)
4. Something different- Please explain in your submission.
Abstracts submissions must include the following information:
1. Type of presentation.
2. Name and email address for primary presenter(s).
3. Program and University for primary presenter(s).
4. Names of all authors.
5. An abstract summary of the research (no more than 200 words).
6. Indicate which conference theme your abstract best fits.
Conference Themes include but are not limited to:
1. True North Strong and Free?: Social Justice in Canada’s North.
2. I'm Not Going to Spend My Life Being a Colour: Racialized Experiences.
3. Reconciling with Reconciliation: Indigenous Experiences.
4. Global Affairs: Social Justice Around the World.
5. Universal Health?: Intersections of Social Justice and Health.
6. Activist Artist: Intersections of Social Justice and Art.
Please submit abstracts to: SJSLUconference@gmail.com