Category: General Message
Subject: Call for Applications for IAPSS Treasurer
Call for Candidates
of the International Association for Political Science Students
Deadline for Applications: Thursday, 18 May 2017, 11 pm CEST
- Management of the financial administration of the Association (incl. annual budgeting process, execution of all payments and expenses, control and administration of income), under the supervision of and in collaboration with the IAPSS President and the IAPSS Secretary-General
- Co-coordination of fundraising activities (incl. institutional grant applications, drafting processes of funding proposals at corporate bodies, their evaluation and related reporting)
- Control of membership payments of both individual and association members, in cooperation with the IAPSS Secretary General
- Supervision regarding the compliance of the IAPSS financial administration and related income and expenses with the IAPSS Financial Regulations
- Regular financial reporting to the IAPSS ExCom, biannual financial reporting to the IAPSS SupCom and the IAPSS General Assembly
- Assistance with the coordination of the provision of travel grants to panelists at both the IAPSS World Congress and the IAPSS Convention, as well as other IAPSS events if so decided by the IAPSS ExCom
- Coordination of all tasks to be carried out and duties to be fulfilled regarding the bank accounts and payment facilities of the Association
Required Documentation for Application:
(1) A resume including reference to a) your studies, b) your academic and/or professional experiences relevant for the applied position, c) your overall academic experiences, d) your language skills, e) your personal data, and f) personal references (optional).
(2) A cover letter of 1-2 pages stating a) your personal motivation for applying for the chosen position, b) a detailed description of at least two experiences relevant for the applied position, c) the integration of the applied position into your daily life, d) your previous experiences within IAPSS (if applicable).
(3) A one-page document stating your proposed personal agenda and priorities for the applied position for the legislative mandate 2017-2018.
(*) All documents should be sent as .pdf files to email@example.com before the deadline.
Duration of Mandate: June 1, 2017 – May 31, 2018.
(1) Applications submitted later than 18 May 2017, 11 pm CEST, and incomplete applications will not be considered.
(2) The Treasurer will become one of the legal representatives of the Association for the 2017-2018 mandate. A registration with the Chamber of Commerce of the Netherlands will be necessary for this purpose, for which the necessary expenses will be covered.
(3) For the position of the Treasurer, it is beneficial (but not required) if candidates have (i) experience with financial administration and (ii) experience with fundraising and grant applications.
(4) All positions within IAPSS are voluntary and unpaid. In addition, IAPSS membership is a necessary condition for occupying the position during the whole duration of the mandate.
(5) The vote will take place by online voting at the 25th IAPSS General Assembly.